General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How can I see the tensile strain in concrete?

• ot2020
      Subscriber
      Hi, nI am interested in finding the tensile strains that occur in concrete as a reinforcement bar is pulled out from it. Could someone suggest what I should use or how this can be done? I have currently used static structural and I couldn't find an option to view the tensile strain in concrete? nAny help would be greatly appreciated. nThanks! n
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      HinnOne way could be to look at the 1st principal stresses and strains (there is no result called tensile strain).nnThank younnErikn
    • ot2020
      Subscriber
      Thanks for that information. nI have another question, is it possible to have 2 different mesh sizes for the same element? So like my concrete cylinder is 150mm in diameter and have a bar passing through it. I just want the mesh close to the rebar to be like 1mm (for about 50mm in diameter surrounding the bar). Then the mesh size after that to be very large.nBecause when I try to solve the model with large deflection turned on, I get an error with elements being distorted excessively (these are located on the rebar). nI have currently used contact sizing for the mesh (frictionless contact between the rebar and concrete) and also incorporated a face sizing for the ribs on the rebar. nThanks again for your help!n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.