General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How can I specify abort criterion in Ansys Mechanical?

• jonsoln
      Subscriber
      Is there any way of setting criterion for when Ansys Mechanical Solver should give up on finding a solution? I am working with some simple calculations involving contacts that should take little time to complete if my models are good. The jobs are solved on a remote server, so a non-converging simulation running for hours is taking up unnecessary time from the other jobs in the queue. I can manually check the displacement increment and residuals and stop the solution if I see that it's not converging, but I'd much prefer an automatic method. Can I set a limit on max displacement, displacement increment, bisections or other things to abort the solution? n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Insert a Command with the NCNV command.nNCNV, KSTOP, DLIM, ITLIM, ETLIM, CPLIMnSets the key to terminate an analysis.nKSTOPnProgram behavior upon nonconvergence. Default 1 is to terminate if solution fails to converge.nDLIMnTerminates program execution if the largest nodal DOF solution value (displacement, temperature, etc.) exceeds this limit. nITLIMnTerminates program execution if the cumulative iteration number exceeds this limit (defaults to infinity).nETLIMnTerminates program execution if the elapsed time (seconds) exceeds this limit (defaults to infinity).nCPLIMnTerminates program execution if the CPU time (seconds) exceeds this limit (defaults to infinity).n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.