September 10, 2022 at 3:35 pmmkhademiSubscriber
I want to submit a Fluent job to HPC, but I still dn't know the basics. I have seen on the web that journal file is required for that and reading the case file, executing the job, and saving data files must be included in the journal file. My questions are:
1) If I setup a case file on my PC, run the Fluent for a transient case and save a data file, then write a journal file to read these case and data, do I need to activate again DPM model from the journal file, or Fluent already knows that DPM is included in the case file?
2) I need that Fluent write a sample file of DPM in some frequencies. Is it enough to have this in the initial case and data file, or again I should use a syntax in journal file for sampling the DPM in specific zones I need?
Thank you all.
September 12, 2022 at 8:49 amRobAnsys Employee
Reading the case and data will mean you continue running from that point. Anything that was set up will continue.
Sample files should work fine, but check whether they append or try to overwrite when you restart. You can test the journal on the local PC to ensure nothing weird happens: I still test journals before submitting.
September 13, 2022 at 11:04 pmmkhademiSubscriber
Thank you so much Rob. Can you please briefly explain how I can load Fluent in batch mode on Windows operating system? Thank you.
September 14, 2022 at 12:03 pmRobAnsys Employee
Funnily enough, there's a chapter on that! https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/flu_ug/flu_ug_BatchExecution.html%23flu_ug_sec_batch_execution_windows
September 14, 2022 at 1:35 pmmkhademiSubscriber
Thank you Rob, I have seen this content on the user guide, but when I use this syntax, there is a message that "fluent is not recognized an internal command".
September 14, 2022 at 1:45 pmRobAnsys Employee
I think you need to set an environment variable somewhere: these used to be done semi-automatically but as very few run batch on Windows it may no longer be the case. Try replacing "fluent" with "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v222\fluent\ntbin\win64\fluent.exe"
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- License Error
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- Licensing Error
- ConfigureThisMachine Returns Error 1
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing