General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How can I sum the reaction forces at all nodes included on a surface?

• gh21502
      Subscriber

I have subjected a 3D structural model like a beam, the end surface is fixed and the opposite surface has forced displacement for tensile.

Thus, I want to get the reaction force at all nodes included on a surface tensile, but the included nodes are approximately 1900.

A conventional manner I use is like the following commands,

RFORCE,5,node number,F,Y,FY5

RFORCE,6,node number,F,Y,FY6

ADD,20,5,6,7

ADD,21,8,9,10

ADD,22,20,21

however, this method is so heavy task for this model as the nodes are so many.

If you have a convenient method to sum the reaction forces at all nodes on a surface, could you teach me?

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      Hi

See the FSUM command (apdl) which sums up the forces.

All the best

Erik
    • gh21502
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your answer ekostson.

I apologize that my explanation wasn't enough.
      I did not know about the FSUM command, so I tried it and found it useful. But it doesn't seem to meet my requirements this time.
      I have to get the changes in reaction force over time, so valid command is probably needed in /post26.

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      No worries.

Use the SET command to set the time step to look at, and then issue the FSUM to get the reaction sum at that time step.

Do that for different time steps by setting that in the SET command.

With the SET we can also issue the *GET (we can use FSUM with *GET see apdl command reference for details), and then write the reaction at a certain timestep to an array (*DIM).

All the best

Erik
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.