Fluids

Fluids

How can I use sliding mesh simulations for a moving car?

• maa1435
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to use a sliding mesh to simulate the movement of a car on a highway, but I am struggling with the boundary conditions. I want to define the boundary conditions in a way that does not impose any velocity or pressure on the domain so that the main driving factor for the simulation is the movement of the car itself.

I've searched a lot for translational sliding mesh tutorials or guides, but I haven't found any, so if you have any suggestions or helpful material please let me know!

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Are you using student version? Student version has limit of 512K cells.
      If yes, you may want to check layering option.
      Also please check some tutorial based on piston movement in Fluent. Similarly you can do it for simplified car model.
      ANSYS Product Help
      Regards Keyur
      How to access Ansys Online Help Document
      How to show full resolution image
      Guidelines on the Student Community
      How to use Google to search within Ansys Student Community

• maa1435
      Subscriber
      The piston simulation seems like a good idea.
      I'm not using the student version, I am using a full license. Though the number of cells isn't my main concern, its the boundary conditions.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      I'd use a fixed mesh and then mess with the wall velocities to mimic the case you want. That way you may get a steady state result, with layering you need a transient solution and may find you need a very long domain to get a reasonable result.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.