November 7, 2022 at 2:22 pmsagarSubscriber
I am trying to do the simulation with a 1 nm thick layer material to find the absorption. In the simulation, I have added extra "mesh" for that around the geometry. If I reduce, the mesh size simulation gets bigger. Can you please suggest possible solutions to overcome this problem?
November 8, 2022 at 12:37 amGuilin SunAnsys Employee
If it is metal, you may use 2D sheet with complex surface conductivity. You can derive the surface conductivity from permittivity: https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034398454-Optical-material-models-in-DGTD-and-FEEM
You can approximate epsilon to be 1 to get sigma.
If it is lossy dielectric material, you can add an override mesh to attach this 1nm layer, and specify mesh size to be 0.5nm (very coarse), 0.25nm or finer. The other region still uses the same background mesh accuracy. To make the PML effective, you can increase the simulation region, eg, use long distance between the thin layer to PML, make sure PML is located at the uniform mesh region.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.