January 12, 2022 at 4:28 pmnuaman98Subscriber
In the below image the right side is a a visualizer window showing the plot of emission against wavelength.
I copied the data from 'view data' option in the visualizer window and pasted in excel against wavelength itself which is show in the left side.
Now check the plot in excel and lumerical. the peak are at different point.
how does this change? What do the data in 'view data' means?
I tried all the data sets in lumerical in the same way and found all the plots shown in lumerical are different (different position in the X axis) with the plots from excel.January 12, 2022 at 9:28 pmKhashayar GhaffariAnsys EmployeeHi The plot shown in the visualizer is based on the raw data accessed in ÔÇ£view dataÔÇØ, here emission vs wavelength.
I tested exporting data from Lumerical visualizer to Excel and plots are identical for both cases. The issue you are having is most likely related to the exported x axis values; please make sure the wavelengths in Excel are in order and match their corresponding emission data point.
January 13, 2022 at 11:54 amnuaman98SubscriberThankyou for your reply!
Yes the x values were the problem. The solver takes values in a random order from the range whereas I plotted in excel with uniform steps of x values.
Could you please help me on exporting the X values? I could only find the y values in the 'view data' option.
January 20, 2022 at 3:00 amKhashayar GhaffariAnsys EmployeeNo problem! The wavelength data (or any other parameter chosen for the x axis) is also available in the visualizer. To access this, please try the following few commands:
data = getresult(ÔÇ£MQWÔÇØ,ÔÇØemissionÔÇØ);
wl = data.wavelength;
Afterwards you can see that the data is available in the script workspace. You may decide to visualize this and export in a similar way (through ÔÇ£view dataÔÇØ), or continue to use script for the export stage using commands like write or matlabsave.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags