Fluids

Fluids

How can you compare result sets within a study in ANSYS AIM?

Tagged: 

• Aidan_J
      Subscriber
      I am doing aero development of a Formula Student car and therefore would like to see the precise differences between different aero kits.nMy intention is to create two geometries within one study, each with their own mesh, physics solution and results, then create another result set which subtracts the two geometry result sets to allow me to make plots of difference in total pressure etc.nIs there any way of doing this?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      CFD Post does this for Fluent & CFX results, but I'm not sure it'll read AIM files. Can you export Fluent case & data from AIM? n
    • Aidan_J
      Subscriber
      Hi Rob, thanks for the response, I'm unfamiliar with CFD Post, the closest thing I can think of is the Results Evaluation step in the AIM workflow which is what I have been using to render results thus far, is CFD post a different program entirely? I have made no attempt to export anything from AIM so far, does it have the capability to do this?n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Please have a look at this YouTube video and this should help you understand 's comments on exporting Fluent data from AIM. nThank you.nKarthikn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      And to add CFD Post is used to post process CFX (and to a lesser extent, Fluent) results. n
    • Aidan_J
      Subscriber
      Thankyou both very much for your help, I've searched around for this but as far as I can tell my lisence does not include anything outside of ANSYS AIM (im working for a formula student team sponsored by ANSYS, who gave us some licenses). On the startup page there is no option to connect to fluent, so helpful as that video is I dont think it will get me there. If the only way to make comparisons between sets is to basically run the simulation in Fluent through workbench as opposed to AIM, might there be some other way of doing it? nIm thinking perhaps if ANSYS stores the results sets in a few big matrices for example, could I write a python script to read the results data directly, do the subtraction and then output a new result set that I could then import back into AIM for rendering, or is that not really possible?nOr could I export the results from AIM to a more easily readable format first? I cant see a way of doing this though...n
    • Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,nI don't think it's possible to subtract the results from 2 studies in AIM. nYou can export the contour result plots in csv format and see if that can help you in any way.n
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.