Preprocessing

Preprocessing

How create a 3D structured mesh in a easy way without ICEM CFD?

• José Mantovani
      Subscriber

Hello everyone!

So, here I have a convergent-divergent tube type, like a "venturi" and I want generate a structured mesh but I'm use academic package and I don't have ICEM CFD. I need a small height in the cells near wall, for this I try to use inflation layers but when I make this I get a unstructured mesh. If my domain were 2D I would use edges to imprint size controls, but as the domain is 3D I don't know how is the best/easy way to do this.

Someone have some tips about it? 

Thanks for helping,

Mantovani. 

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hi Mantovani,

Have you looked at this tutorial on Youtube.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• José Mantovani
      Subscriber

So Kremella, thanks, but in my academic package haven't ICEM CFD. I need know how do that using Ansys Meshing.

Thanks,

Mantovani. 

• klu
      Ansys Employee

Hi Jose,

Can you please try to use the Multizone plus inflation as shown in the video below?

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello Jose,

I apologize, I did not read your question properly. I thought you were looking for a way to use ICEM CFD for getting your mesh. Please follow klu's advice and use Multizone to create your mesh. It is always a good practice to select the source and target faces for Multizone.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Try multizone with dedicated source and target as Kremella highlighted, 

• José Mantovani
      Subscriber

Stay fresh Kremella... Very thanks guys, I will try to make this. 

Best Regards,

Mantovani. 

• José Mantovani
      Subscriber

So guys, by the video shared by Klu I tried and I get this mesh, in the images below with some informations. I use a big number of inflation layers in order to get all circle section with structured mesh, but in the center I get some bad cells... Someone Can help me improve this mesh? With some tips...

Really thanks to all!

Best Regards,

Mantovani. 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.