March 17, 2021 at 10:40 pmprakhars962Subscriber
Following is a strip footing that may be idealized as a plane strain problem.March 17, 2021 at 10:47 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberNodes on the right edge have X = 0.Nodes on the bottom edge have Y = 0.nThe node in the corner has both X and Y = 0. nWhere is the conflict?.March 18, 2021 at 1:56 pmprakhars962SubscriberI was wondering if I can apply BCs by selecting the edges.nHowever, if I'll apply BCs by selecting node then I've to reselect nodes for my BCs as I change my mesh.March 18, 2021 at 4:20 pmpeteroznewmanSubscribernYes, you can apply the BC to the geometry edge, which has the benefit of automatically applying to nodes from any mesh update.nMarch 18, 2021 at 4:53 pmMarch 18, 2021 at 7:55 pmMarch 18, 2021 at 8:01 pmprakhars962SubscriberI am using 2021 R1 with solid analysis toolboxes not the academic. Can you share the file? So that I can figure out my mistake.nMarch 18, 2021 at 9:18 pmprakhars962SubscriberThanks a lot. I saw your figure, and found that there was a problem with my geometry. I used edge split and its working fine now. Thanks a lotnViewing 7 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.