March 30, 2023 at 4:06 pma.ortolaniSubscriber
I need to acces the normalized progress variable in my UDF while using a partially-premixed combustion model.
I tried with C_PREMIXC(c,t), but this gives me the un-normalized value.
Is there a way to access what I need? In alternative is there a way to access the equilibrium values of the un-normalized progress variable for a given mixture fraction so that I can normalize it myself?
March 31, 2023 at 10:41 amRobAnsys Employee
It may be calculated internally, and I can't see anything in the manual so can't really help: it'd involve digging in the source code and I can't then share anything I (or rather a colleague who has access) find. However, https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/Secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v231/en/flu_udf/flu_udf_DPMDEFINE.html shows where the macros are defined, so you may want to look in the header files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.