February 26, 2022 at 12:04 pmAlvaroConchelloSubscriber
I am working on my final year investigative project on optimizing the drag of an Ahmed body using the adjoint solver. I have already done so without using any constraints and now I would like to repeat the same procedure but fixing the frontal area and the volume of said Ahmed Body to see how the results compare. I cannot find any tutorials or information on how to do something like this, so I was wondering if anyone here knew how to do it.
I would like to do this on my 2D simulation too.
Thanks.March 25, 2022 at 11:58 amMurari IyengarAnsys EmployeeHi AlvaroConchello To ensure the frontal volume does not change, you can set the region box to only affect the rear part of the Ahmed Body. You cannot constrain the volume/area directly but you can constrain certain surfaces. This option can be found under the Design Conditions tab in Design Tool.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Floating point exception
- How to model free convection warming of liquid in a plastic bag
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
Top Rated Tags