General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How do I create multiple independent sets of parameters?

• urlmichael
      Subscriber
      I have a project that has multiple standalone systems - each of them is a different mechanical component of a vehicle. I would like to do some parametric studies, but notice that they are all linked by the same parameter set. So, if I'm doing a parametric mesh refinement study in one module and a parametric study in another module where I'm increasing torque on an object, when I create new design points, it wants to update all of the systems.nHow do I create separate sets of parameters and design points for different systems? I want to be able to do a parametric study one one system while leaving the other systems untouched.nThanks!n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      Please reply and insert an image of your workbench project page.n
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      I suppose the problem is related with issue: how to run what if analysis for single analysis block (not for both simultaneously), because if you even go to cell connected with Parameters for a single block, for example block A, it solves parallelly design points for the second analysis (B):nisa way to do it.n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      One way to cause the solution block to be skipped is to put in the Command /eof into the Mechanical model of system B. You can suppress this command when you want system B to solve.n
    • ciema
      Subscriber
      For your information I've tested required time for updating design points with /eof command and without this command. The results suggest that time required for full analysis with /eof is bigger than without this command. Maybe its because of searching for problems during solve.Anyway i think the best solution for now is to create seperate projects for each What if analysis.n
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.