February 28, 2017 at 9:18 amNikitaAnsys Employee
How do I get geometry instances in ANSYS Mechanical from ANSYS SpaceClaim?
September 29, 2017 at 11:53 pmpglAnsys Employee
ANSYS Spaceclaim uses components for linked geometry.
When copying in ANSYS Spaceclaim, if you copy bodies, they are independent. If you COPY components, they are linked. So when using the move with CTRL key, you have to select the component, not the body. As far as patterns, these will be linked whether you copy bodies or components. But if you do select only bodies, then it will create components and move the bodies into components. So it still uses components to establish the linked behavior.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- section plane
- material properties
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Geometry scaling
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.