General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How do I increasing the data set of my simulation?

• kirstenbraun
      Subscriber

Hello all,

I have been running simulations iin which a road surface is subjected to a remote displacement which causes a tyre defomraiton. I implemented a force reaction probe as well as a defomration probe to measure the vertical force and vertical displacement which has been plotted in the figure below. The solid lines are the exisitng data that I am tyring to match and the dotted lines are my results.

I have been looking into the plotting but cannot understand why the data points do not start at 0mm (on the x axis). Is there a setting which I can change so that the results can be recorded from 0mm and 0N?

Thank you in advance

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nThe solver converges on the first load substep, which is not at zero load, then writes out the results. Copy the tabular data, paste into whatever software you use to plot, and insert a first row with 0,0 to get the lines starting at zero.n
    • kirstenbraun
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your response Peter, I was hoping that there is another method in which I could increase the number of data points so that the relationship could be better described. Is there a way I could do this ?n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.