March 19, 2022 at 6:06 amSoftEngCHDSubscriber
I am reading the binary files '.rst' using the ansys.mapdl library reader, and I want to understand those results. I have a beam simulated on ansys mechanical and I am evaluating total deformation, equivalent elastic strain and equivalent stress.
What nodes are associated with which values? how are all three results separated? Also, I tried printing random data just to try and make sense of it but some data are NAN, so I would like to know why that is the case.
Here is the simulation and some codeMarch 21, 2022 at 10:48 amRobAnsys EmployeeYou've made a good start by having a small model - it's easier to figure out what's where that way. We may not be able to offer much advice here: as I don't know much (anything) about the file syntax I can't break any rules.....
NAN/NaN is Not a Number. That could mean the solver failed, but in this case could mean the data doesn't exist but the file format requires it.
Look for coordinates. In Fluent we tend to find output files are:
Cell ID x y z pressure x-velocity etc
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.