September 20, 2023 at 11:45 amSangmyeong YuSubscriber
I'm studying FDTD now but I have problem.
I want to achieve a structure and results similar to those in the mentioned paper, but my results are not matching. What should I do?
refence: Changhyun Lee et al "Near-flat top bandpass filter based on non-local resonance in a dielectric metasurface" Optics Express, 2023
September 20, 2023 at 5:19 pmsagarSubscriber
I think you need to use the Periodic boundary condition to take the infinite array of the slab into account, instead of PML in x and y direction. PML can be used at the top or bottom of the unit cell.
September 20, 2023 at 6:40 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Thank you @Sagar for the reply.
In addition to the periodic BCs, please sweep the heights to get the transmission maps in the paper.
From your result, it is for one height, and the frequency points are only 5 I believe, then you will not be able to get results similar to the reference.
In addition you may need to read the example carefully to understand the settings and resuult.
Please also refer to this post as the comparison might not be very straight forward:
September 21, 2023 at 8:43 am
September 21, 2023 at 8:45 am
September 21, 2023 at 5:07 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
The settings seems ok but some improvements should be done:
1: you will need to use override mesh to resolve the geometrically small features, with at least 4 mesh cells on each axis.
2: extend the geometry to outside of the Periodic BCs
It seems the geometry can be simplified to 2D if the structure does not change in the 3rd dimension. But since this file is relatively small, it is fine to simulate in 3D.
Once you modified with the above 2 points, the next thing to consider is the material data they used. Make sure you use exactly the same as theirs. Otherwise I would not expect that you can get the same results. Fundamentally it is the materials that determine the result when the geometry is the same.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ganhemt Project mistake can you help me
- How to calculate the cross-polarization efficiency and phase in FDTD
- save data error
- Simulation of a single pillar of a peltier cooler
- EME : field profile and cell periodicity
- Ansys Insight: Single frequency CW source
- What is the meaning of this error ” Bad termination of…” ?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.