Fluids

Fluids

How do I mesh a fluid flow around a solid?

• Ansysstudent5361
      Subscriber

Hey everyone,

Firstly, I'd like to thank anyone that takes their time out to help me. I really appreciate the help. Thank you.

Now, on to my question. I'm new to Ansys and I'm looking at studying the wind loads on a solar panel located on a pitched roof. I've constructed my fluid domain and my solid body. The solids are - One main body (house), 3 solar panels (3 seperate solid bodies) attached to main body. (Seperate question: Do i need to define anything like contact between the house and solar panels or is it done automatically before meshing?) . My main question is : How do I mesh this? Should I suppress the solid or mesh the solid or just the surface of the solid? I know i have to mesh my fluid domain obviously. I've been getting errors while meshing so I just wanted to figure out what I've been doing wrong. I'll attach a screenshot that should hopefully give a better idea of my model.

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      First subtract solid bodies from fluid body. nThen create one component for all bodies. nUse Share Topology option so that mesh is connected between solids and fluid. nFor meshing, you will need to give different sizing to different faces, bodies or edges. nPlease check nPlease see help manual for more details about these commands. nPlease search through forum where you can find lot many posts on meshing sizes. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • Ansysstudent5361
      Subscriber
      Hi,nSo does this mean that I have to suppress the solid body for meshing and only mesh the fluid domain with a boolean subtract? n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nYou will need to perform the Boolean subtract first and then suppress all the solid parts. This way, you will only be left with the fluid geometry.nThanks.nKarthikn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.