General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How do I mesh this tube/body properly?

• Flatter97xD
      Subscriber

Hey everyone, I tried severel methods using edge sizing and face meshing, but the mesh won't fit. Could someone please help me? I don't get the issue...

• Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      Hi @Flatter97xDWhat do you mean by mesh wont fit? nIf you are using a newer version(2019R2 or newer), you can use Axisymmetric sweep for a body of revolution to create hex/prism meshesnIf you need a connected mesh, then you can use shared topology in geometry editor(DM or Spaceclaim). If you use shared topology, axisymmetric sweep will not work. n
    • Flatter97xD
      Subscriber
      thank you for your answer. This was really helpful and defenitely a step forward. nI'm doing a CZM Delamination on these two bodies. Sweep Method makes a stable mesh and shared topology connects the two meshs of the two bodies.nBut I can't choose the other Geometry for Delamnination using shared topology, it's not possible to select source and target, only the lower body...nHow can I connect the mesh and still select both faces on the contact?n
    • Flatter97xD
      Subscriber
      I have to use O-Grid divisions when both bodies are selected, so nevermind, silly question... Thank you for your help!n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.