October 28, 2020 at 11:34 pmFlatter97xDSubscriber
Hey everyone, I tried severel methods using edge sizing and face meshing, but the mesh won't fit. Could someone please help me? I don't get the issue...October 29, 2020 at 2:56 pmGovindan NagappanAnsys EmployeeHi @Flatter97xDWhat do you mean by mesh wont fit? nIf you are using a newer version(2019R2 or newer), you can use Axisymmetric sweep for a body of revolution to create hex/prism meshesnIf you need a connected mesh, then you can use shared topology in geometry editor(DM or Spaceclaim). If you use shared topology, axisymmetric sweep will not work. nOctober 30, 2020 at 9:25 amFlatter97xDSubscriberthank you for your answer. This was really helpful and defenitely a step forward. nI'm doing a CZM Delamination on these two bodies. Sweep Method makes a stable mesh and shared topology connects the two meshs of the two bodies.nBut I can't choose the other Geometry for Delamnination using shared topology, it's not possible to select source and target, only the lower body...nHow can I connect the mesh and still select both faces on the contact?nOctober 30, 2020 at 9:31 amFlatter97xDSubscriberI have to use O-Grid divisions when both bodies are selected, so nevermind, silly question... Thank you for your help!nViewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.