Fluids

Fluids

How do I obtain the wall function value for my udf?

• newbie123
      Subscriber

I need to obtain the wall function value for the eddy viscosity udf. To clarify, I am not asking how to implement the wall function udf but I need the value of the wall function calculated from Fluent as an input for the eddy viscosity. Thank you

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Which Value?. Why do you need that?

• newbie123
      Subscriber

Thanks for the response. I need the wall damping function f_{mu} for mine case. I need it as an input for my eddy viscosity model.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Which f(mu) Which turbulence model / near wall approach are you using?

• newbie123
      Subscriber

I wanted to use the default one provided by Fluent. Otherwise I will use Launder-Sharma wall damping function.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You cannot access any of these functions.

• newbie123
      Subscriber

Is there a reason why I cannot access those? Even for fully licensed Ansys?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Not exposed for general use. If you now you are kind enough and tell me with a picture where you highlight the term you want to use I will maybe provide more info.

• newbie123
      Subscriber

May I ask what do you mean by "tell me with a picture where you highlight the term you want to use"? I just need to sub in the f_mu value as one of the input for the eddy viscosity udf in Fluent. I don't really need the f_mu formula used by Fluent and I just need the f_mu value calculated by Fluent as one of the input in my eddy viscosity udf for k-epsilon model.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.