August 6, 2019 at 4:58 amTaherparathaSubscriber
I want to simulate bending of two concentric pipes with 10 mm spacing between them. Both the pipe can be of same material or different does not matter. The displacement is applied only to the outside pipe and I want to see its effect on the inside pipe how much displacement the inside pipe will generate and how much stress strain will be generated.
August 6, 2019 at 5:58 amjj77SubscriberModel them in 3d, and now assume since I do not know how they are connected, that there will be a contact between them once the bending is large enough. So then model and assign the contact between them.
August 6, 2019 at 6:34 amTaherparathaSubscriber
What kind of contact should I assign? The inner pipe is seperated by only air/nothing from the outer pipe.
August 6, 2019 at 7:40 amjj77Subscriber
What ever it is - say frictional contact.
You can find a lot of examples on contact analysis in ansys:
August 6, 2019 at 9:42 amTaherparathaSubscriber
Thank you so much I'll try that!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.