General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How do I use this? (Custom Model)

• Flatter97xD
      Subscriber

Anybody got some good sources or can explain it? Could't find anything helpful...

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nnPlease refer to the link below:nnHi,nnPlease refer to the link below:nnnRegards,nAshish Khemkan
    • Aniket
      Ansys Employee
      Just one note, you may not be able to write UPFs if you are using free student version. n-AniketnHow to access Ansys help linksnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning Forumn
    • Flatter97xD
      Subscriber
      Thank you and nI use student version, so I'm not able to write an UPF. nI read both articles and it seems to be pretty complicated for a beginner like me. n
    • Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee
      Absolutely, it is a very advanced topic - requiring understanding of nonlinear FEA, developing/programming nonlinear FEA material models, and finally knowledge of Fortran to write those models in an Ansys UPF that can then be used within APDL or Mechanical. nTypically if you do a PhD/Post Doc in developing say a new nonlinear FEA material model might require this (developing a new UPF), but then you have several years to accomplish what you need, and hopefully you have a supervisor that has done this and can help, because it is very difficult and it is not part of any support (software support that is). So it is typically something we would not do here in the forum and even outside of normal support for users (that is to help someone with the implementation of a UPF). Help is provided to certain extents typically for linking the UPF and using it within APDL say, but not for the implementation of course.nnThank younnErik Kostso
    • Flatter97xD
      Subscriber
      Thank you for your detailed answer. My thoughts were building a new material model/law based on equations I found in literature. I'll try to find another easier way. Thanks for your help!nFlattern
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.