April 14, 2023 at 12:26 pmEden WheelerSubscriber
Can you discuss, How you calculate stresses and strains in mechanical components and determine their safety margins?
April 17, 2023 at 3:48 amSampat KumarAnsys Employee
You can calculate the stress and strain in the Ansys mechanical during post-processing. create Geomtery-> mesh the model -> apply boundary conditions-> Right click on the solution and select the stress and strain according to the requirement -> right-click on the solution and select the stress tool -> in the stress tool select the option of " Max Equivalent Stress" then the "stress tool" will create under the solution tree. Right-click on the stress tool and select the safety margin option there.
All the best
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.