November 6, 2020 at 1:33 pmjulian1998SubscriberHello,nI'm doing a simple static structural simulation of a cube consisting of potting material that gets squished by an external force. Im comparing two simulations: one with just the potting and the other one with air bubbles inside the potting. For the simulation with the air bubbles, I dont want them to be defined as vacuum. I want them to be filled with air to consider the airs properties (such as the bulk modulus). Except for the bulk modulus, I obviously do not have any other mechanical properties for air. Is there any other way in ANSYS to approach this simulation?nThanks for your help!nn
November 6, 2020 at 5:45 pmpeteroznewmanSubscribernHSFLD242 Element DescriptionnHSFLD242 is used to model fluids that are fully enclosed by solids (containing vessels). The hydrostatic fluid element is well suited for calculating fluid volume and pressure for coupled problems involving fluid-solid interaction. The pressure in the fluid volume is assumed to be uniform (no pressure gradients), so sloshing effects cannot be included. Temperature effects and compressibility may be included, but fluid viscosity cannot be included.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.