General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How do you consider the properties of air in a static structural simulation?

• julian1998
      Subscriber
      Hello,nI'm doing a simple static structural simulation of a cube consisting of potting material that gets squished by an external force. Im comparing two simulations: one with just the potting and the other one with air bubbles inside the potting. For the simulation with the air bubbles, I dont want them to be defined as vacuum. I want them to be filled with air to consider the airs properties (such as the bulk modulus). Except for the bulk modulus, I obviously do not have any other mechanical properties for air. Is there any other way in ANSYS to approach this simulation?nThanks for your help!nn
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      nHSFLD242 Element DescriptionnHSFLD242 is used to model fluids that are fully enclosed by solids (containing vessels). The hydrostatic fluid element is well suited for calculating fluid volume and pressure for coupled problems involving fluid-solid interaction. The pressure in the fluid volume is assumed to be uniform (no pressure gradients), so sloshing effects cannot be included. Temperature effects and compressibility may be included, but fluid viscosity cannot be included.n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.