General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How do you create factor of safety plots in ANSYS AIM?

Tagged: 

• Aidan_J
      Subscriber
      I have several simulations which involve multiple materials but see no way to make a result of factor of safety (stress at a point/yield stress of material at that point), any advice here? Further to this point, direction towards documentation on user defined expressions for results in general would be very helpful as I have had little to no success finding any, or guessing synaxes.n
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber
      I don't know AIM but I believe you can open your model in Mechanical where you can insert Stress Tool that has a Factor of Safety (by Material) plot.n
    • Aidan_J
      Subscriber
      As far as I have found (only been using the software for about half a year so by no means expert) AIM does not have any option to add stress tools. The only control I have found over the results produced is under solver options --> output controls, where you can alter any of 3 output specifications, each giving the options:nAll, Basic, Element Elastic Strains, Element Miscellaneous Data, Element nodal loads, Element nodal stresses, Element plastic strains, Element solution, Element thermal strains, Nodal dof solution ,Nodal reaction Loads and None.nThe default selections are Nodal dof solution, Nodal reaction loads and Element nodal stresses, would this be something I should change?n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.