October 27, 2020 at 7:34 pmThrottleItOutSubscriberI am getting incorrect ANSYS Workbench values for the Safety Factor, not quite sure why. I've imported thorough materials data which provides yield strength as a function of temperature. The model has a fairly severe temperature gradient across it. The low margin node is in a high temperature region, however the reported margin is consistent with much lower temperatures seen elsewhere in the model.nDoes ANSYS Workbench calculate the safety factor using yield strength at the specific temperature for each node, or does it determine some sort of global temperature for the part for purposes of material properties to be used for the safety factor calculation?n
October 28, 2020 at 12:10 pm
October 28, 2020 at 2:19 pmThrottleItOutSubscriberIn my case those values are tabular (the curve is with respect to temperature). Does it just read off a single line or take some sort of generalized average, or does it use the appropriate material value for each node based on the individual nodal temperature?n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.