July 25, 2019 at 11:03 amprashantsaini9997Subscriber
i have .dat file of heat flux which i got from a code. i want to apply this heat flux file on the surface of wall. so please anyone guide me how i can apply heat flux file (.dat) in the Ansys (Fluent).
July 25, 2019 at 11:14 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
Check Profiles in Fluent Users Guide (Profiles under Cell Zone and boundary condition). You probably need to reformat your dat file.
July 26, 2019 at 5:04 amprashantsaini9997Subscriber
Sir, can you please tell me how i can reformat this .dat file in that profile file ?
July 26, 2019 at 5:29 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
Follow the format from the help: You open that dat file (if not binary) in text editor and start reformatting.
July 26, 2019 at 7:05 amprashantsaini9997Subscriber
OK Sir. Thank You.
July 26, 2019 at 11:07 amDrAmineAnsys Employee
Please mark this as "Is Solved".
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.