Fluids

Fluids

How i can apply the heat flux file on the surface of wall in Ansys (fluent) ?

• prashantsaini9997
      Subscriber

i have .dat file of heat flux which i got from a code. i want to apply this heat flux file on the surface of wall. so please anyone guide me how i can apply heat flux file (.dat) in the Ansys (Fluent).

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

What code wrote the .dat file?

What units are the values in the .dat file written in?

Do you have the geometry used by the code to generate the heat flux?

Is the heat flux a single value on each node (steady state) or is it transient?

What kind of Fluent model are you building?

• prashantsaini9997
      Subscriber

sir i have developed Monte carlo ray tracing code. and also incorporate it with self developing sub routine program which will generate the .dat file. and in .dat file there is values of x (meters), y (meters), z (meters) [co-ordinates], angle (degree) [circumferential angle of tube (0 to 360 degree) and heat flux (Watt per meter sqaure).

yes i have the geometry dimensions which i am input in the code.

.dat file having heat flux values of whole tube. tube having length of 8 meters and .dat file having values of heat flux from 0.1 meters up to 8 meters.

Sir, i want to apply this .dat as a heat flux on the surface of simple wall to calculate the its effect.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Read up on boundary profiles, you may need to reformat your dat file to read into Fluent. Note, Fluent will interpolate data so you may see some differences between the input data and what is used depending on the relative resolution of the file and surface mesh. 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.