Electronics

Electronics

How I can create a multilayer helical winding for High frequency distribution transformer

• Sherin
      Subscriber
      HV winding of my 1000kVA HFT is having 168 turns.nThese turns are arranged in such a way that 49 turns/layer and such 4 layers. nEach layer is a helical winding (49 turns) with rectangular conductor of dimension 6.5x1mm and wound around a rectangular core cross-section of dimension 200x150mm.nI found helical inbuilt options in 3D blocks with rectangular conductor cross section, but that gives only circular periphery (core must be circular in cross section)nOnce We get one layer, we can make other layers in similar manner and integrate together to form entire structure.nMy first requirement is to create one layer rectangular helical winding with the above given dimensions.nExpecting supports from experts in this field.nThanks in advance...n
    • icellb1
      Ansys Employee
      Hi, nWe have SegmentedHelix-->polygonHelix if you change the Segments per turn from default 36 to 4 it will have you a square cross section of the coil loop rather than a circular one. But it cannot give you either rectangular conductor cross section or rectangular loop cross section. They both have to be square. nIf you have a strict requirement that the cross sections have to be rectangular, you can create a rectangular 2D sheet as the cross section, and sweep it along a path that you draw as helical loops with rectangular cross section based on your dimension.n
    • Sherin
      Subscriber
      I did like mentioned above create a rectangle in 2D and sweep based on the rectangular line drawn. But I got a coil like thisnThere is a slanting found in the developed model.nI started from lower position to upper position. Lower it is a rectagle in YZ plane then next turn it slightly slanted and then slanting increases as move upeards.nn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.