General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How I get directional principal stress in Workbench

• suleyman41
      Subscriber

How I get directional principal stress in Workbench. I am able to find maximum principal stress, minimum and middle so on. But I want to get result at directional. I want to select direction.

for example this;

• SaiD
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nIf you want to get normal stress in a certain direction, you can define a local coordinate system with one of the axes (say x-axis) aligned with the the direction in which you want the normal stress. Then insert a Normal Stress result and under coordinate system, choose the local coordinate system.nHope this helps,nSainn
    • Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nnYou can plot the vector principal stress plot and export the result (.xls file) which will give you the angles required to produce a coordinate system whose X, Y and Z-axis are the directions of maximum, middle and minimum principal quantities.nnnRegards,nAshish Khemkan
    • suleyman41
      Subscriber
      Thank you. But Ashish, I neet contour graphic for principal stress. Xls is not useful for me. nIn mechanical Apdl has this result {preferences/data and file opts,results summary /deformed shape/nodal solution and then DOF solution, stress/1st principal stress/.......} I search corresponding version in workbench for principal stress at x direction, sigma 1 and sigma 2 (y direction) and so on n
    • suleyman41
      Subscriber
      Okey, we don't solve this problem. But this result already exist in APDL. ( {preferences/data and file opts,results summary /deformed shape/nodal solution and then DOF solution, stress/1st principal stress/.......}nI need 1 st principal stress. How I get result in workbench?nWhat is the APDL result command about 1 st prinpial stress?n
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.