October 29, 2018 at 9:16 pmjbockSubscriber
I'm trying to do a combined (2-d) thermal-structural analysis of an axial compressor, and I'm treating the shaft, cases etc... as axisymmetric bodies and the rotor and stator blades as plane stress bodies. It seems that the assigned thickness of the plane stress bodies affects the amount of heat conducted through the contact with axisymmetric ones. To model the physics as appropriately as one can in a 2-d simulation, I'd like to understand exactly what's going on, but I can't seem to find any documentation on how Ansys Mechanical handles the conduction between the two types of bodies.
November 7, 2018 at 11:14 amKarthik RAdministrator
Apologies for a delayed response on this one.
It seems to me like you are looking to perform a multi physics analysis. You will need to couple Ansys mechanical (for structural) and Ansys transient thermal (for thermal).
Here is a nice video tutorial by Raef Kobeissi on this coupling.
Please let us know here if you havrmore specific questions.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.