December 9, 2019 at 12:23 pmatulsingh92Subscriber
1 ) I wanted to know how is the nusselt number calculated in Fluent?
If I understand correctly, it should be Nu = hx D / k, however, if there is a comparaison to be made with equations such as Dittus Boelter and/or Sieder Tate, how do we know, should we compare with the former or the later?
2) HMT textbook suggests the hydrodynamic turbulent BL develops after x/D > 10, where x is the length of the length in question.
Now if I have a pipe length smaller than this value (periodic unit of a pipe, non axis symetrical because of helical cut around its periphery),
how then, would the nusselt number in fluent indicate a correct value along its wall, or it doesn't, and a full pipe simulation is recommended instead?
December 9, 2019 at 3:47 pmRobAnsys Employee
If you look in the User Guide most (all?) of the post processing functions are defined: Field Function Definitions chapter.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.