Materials

Materials

How is the TBOPT MSOL for nonlinear materialmodeling of concrete defined in detail?

• timhoeltke
      Subscriber

Hey,

I am dealing with the modeling of concrete and for this I also looked at the example from Chapter 49 of the Technology Showcase from the ANSYS Help. In the input file here the TBOPT MSOL can be found, which according to the ANSYS help only defines whether the material elastic tangent instead of the consistent material tangent is used. But the excerpt from the example gives this option some more values.

TB,CONCR,1,,,MSOL

TBDATA,1,2,1,1e-3,100,10,1e-20

What do these values stand for?I could not find anything in the help. Thanks for yours in advance!

• 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      Have a look at https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/10120/differenes-between-results-using-concrete-material-of-toolbox-and-apdl-command-in-workbench. The user mentions these 'extra parameters' as 'algorith, epsilon, max itr, bisect, zero tol'. My guess is that these parameters controls the iterative solution process to calculate elastoplastic tangent. I am not really sure where he found this but as far as I know there is no mention of this in the ANSYS documentation.
      Regards Ishan.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.