January 17, 2022 at 12:25 amagarwa20SubscriberIs there some way to fix the number of result designs that are generated on optimization like how for sensitivity analysis the number of samples can be fixed.
August 1, 2022 at 12:34 pmMarkusAnsys Employee
the NLPQL is a gradient-based optimization algorithm using by default a central differences scheme. So, you can not specify a fixed number of samples. You find more details in the “Help” e.g. here
If you like to fix the number of samples beforehand, you may choose a nature inspired optimization algorithm like a “Evolutionary Algorithm”. You also find more information in the “Help” on this kind of algorithms e.g. here
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Local Sensitivity and Sensitivities: what difference?
- How many designs are generated while performing optimization using Optislang with NLPQL?
- Optislang workbench add-in
- DesignXplorer vs optiSLang for Workbench CFD Optimization
- Errors about integrate executable into ANSYS Workbench using ACT
- Parameter relationships for Optimization
- ANSYS Optislang
- DOE all design points give the same results as the first calculation
- Parametric study: Batch mode
- Design of Experiment points: Design Exploration
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.