Ansys Products

Ansys Products

How to Access optisLang while using Ansys Electronic Desktop

Tagged: 

• Preeti
      Subscriber

Hi

I wanted to use Ansys optisLang for my antenna design optimization. I am using a licensed version of Ansys Electromagnetic Suite 2020 R2, which has been purchased by my institute, and I have designed my antenna using HFSS.

I have tried looking for optisLang in the ACT extensions, but was not able to find the same. Please find below a screenshot of the ACT extensions that I have with my license.

Please help.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

Under c:\program files\Ansys Inc\ you should see and install.log file.
      Check to see that Optislang was chosen when Workbench was installed.
      Yu should see something similar to:
      ANSYS, Inc. Products
      Electronics Reliability
      ANSYS Sherlock
      Optical
      SPEOS
      Platform
      optiSLang
      Structural Mechanics
      Customization Files for User Programmable Features
      Mechanical Products
      Additive
      ANSYS Additional Tools
      Icepak (includes CFD-Post)
      Viewer
    • Preeti
      Subscriber
      Dear Sir I am not able to find the .log file in the suggested path. I even did not find any folder named Ansys Inc.
      Further, I tried searching .log file in the path C:\program files\AnsysEM\AnsysEM20.2\Win64, but I did not find the same. Please find the screenshot of the said path.

I am even not sure whether the workbench has been installed or not. This is because when I try to integrated the Ansys Electromagnetic Desktop with the Ansys workbench (as mentioned in the Help document), the following message appears.

Also, from the help videos, when I tried to search for OptisLang from the optimetrics option, I did not find it. Please find below the screenshot of the same.
      Please help.
      Regards
      Preeti

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee
      Preeti Workbench 2020R2 is a separate download and install.
      When installing Workbench, you will need to choose Optislang to be installed when choosing from the list.
      From the Customer Portal Download page choose version 2020 2 to download structures package. This will give you Workbench 2020 R2
      Extract to temp directory and run setup.exe by right-clicking it and choosing run as administrator.
      When the list shows up, Check that OptiSlang is chosen and proceed
      After install is finished then run Modify Integration with Ansys 2020 R2
      This should integrate Electronics Suite with Workbench.
      After opening Workbench, you should go to Extensions->Manage Extensions
      Check OptiSlang and it should now show on the Workbench Project Page.

Best Geo Karnos
    • Preeti
      Subscriber
      Dear Sir Thank you so much for your help.
      But, I am not able to sign-in at the Ansys Customer Portal.
      Although, I have created an account at the Ansys Customer Portal using my institute email ID, and the message also shows that I have successfully created an Ansys account. Please find below the screenshot of the same login-page.
      As per the instructions, I have submitted all the relevant details as asked in the same page.
      But, as per the above message, I need to refer to the "Student Message" found on the" login page" of Ansys Customer Portal. I did not find any such message. Please find below the screenshot of the same.
      Every time, I Sign-in at the Ansys Customer Portal, I received the same message as shown above. I am stuck in this loop.
      Please help in this regard, so that I can follow your directions, regarding downloading the workbench 2020 R2, and subsequently, optisLang.
      Regards
      Preeti
    • Preeti
      Subscriber
      Dear Sir Thank you for all your help.
      Now I have managed to install optiSlang and the Workbench, as per your instructions.
      Regards
      Preeti
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.