Feedback

Feedback

How to access the ANSYS Online Help

• pgl
      Ansys Employee

Many posts on this  community link to pages in the ANSYS Product Online Help system. Here's an example post.

Links to the  ANSYS Product Online Help system will take you to the ANSYS Customer Portal login shown below:      

Our student users aren't provided access to the ANSYS Customer Portal, but we do provide students with access to the ANSYS Online help from within the ANSYS Student products. This access bypasses the need to login into the Customer Portal when using the online Help from within the Student Product, but that path isn't taken when you click on a link in a post here. The workaround is as follows: 

1. From ANSYS Workbench, use the menu Help > ANSYS Workbench Help.  A browser window will open.

2. In the post that has a link to the ANSYS Online Help, Right Mouse Button on the link and select Copy Link Address,

3. Go to the browser window that opened in step 1 and Paste in the address bar and you get to the required page.

Many thanks to our moderator Peter Newman for this great tip. 

• Jamie_parr
      Subscriber
      This did not work for me. In the new ANSYS Workbench Help tab in the search bar?nn
    • tomtranzebracom
      Subscriber
      Could NOT get any those PDFs of “HFSS Getting Started Guides” from HFSS-Student-version Pull-down HelpnHello,nI just installed the Ansys Electronics Destop Student 2021 R2 for learning your tool, but I Could NOT get any Help PDFs from the Pull-down Help (because of NO existing or some errors). Please help (or email) me HOW to get all those PDFs of “HFSS Getting Started Guides” as shown in the below snip! Thanks!nRegards,nTomntom.tran@zebra.comn
    • Praneeth
      Ansys Employee
      HiPlease share the error message that you are getting while accessing these GSGs (Getting Started Guide).Are you not able to see any pdfs as shown in the screen shot you have shared? Can you uninstall the whole tool and re install by following the instructions given in the folder and see? All the very best, Praneeth.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.