December 3, 2019 at 2:30 amSU252019Subscriber
I currently am trying to obtain a flow simulation result that shows boundary-layer flow separation at a sharp edge, however the contours I generate do not show my intended result. Most of my CFD simulations do not show any or very little boundary-layer activity in the desired region. Is there a specific tool in ANSYS / FLUENT that would help capture the region in a flowfield where flow-separation occurs in a turbulent flow?
December 3, 2019 at 3:35 pmRobAnsys Employee
Can you post images of the solution and mesh? You need to make sure you have everything set correctly: you may not have separation.
December 3, 2019 at 3:47 pm
December 4, 2019 at 12:02 pmRobAnsys Employee
From what I can see of your mesh you need to review the documentation on inflation and mesh size control: it looks far too coarse to pick up much of anything.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.