November 29, 2022 at 4:02 pmHaaziq IzzadeenSubscriber
I have inflation on 2 edges at 90 degrees to each other, how do I get a square mesh from this without it being skewed? I can't acheive the desired effect with edge sizing and bias since I want a min cell height on both edges and edge sizing does't keep a consistent first layer cell height horizontally. Any pointers?
November 30, 2022 at 11:16 amRobAnsys Employee
Do you have both faces in the same inflation setting? I'm trying to figure out if you have the same number of layers.
November 30, 2022 at 3:45 pmHaaziq IzzadeenSubscriber
In the picture attached, I have the same number of layers with the same growth rate and first layer cell height on both edges. The application is treating the two perpendicular edges as 1 layer which I do not want. Instead I want a structured grid with inflation going upwards and another inflation layer going right (so the smallest cell will be bottom left corner and largest will be top right). I do not want to use edge sizing/bias to achieve this because I want to make sure I can specify the exact first layer cell height.
The last picture ive attached is what im trying to achieve
November 30, 2022 at 1:12 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Use Edge Sizing with Bias to get an orthogonal element shape. Zoom in and manually measure the distance between nodes in the first layer and adjuat the Edge Sizing/Bias until you get the desired first layer thickness.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.