Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

How to achieve square mesh using inflation on 2 perpendicular edges?

• Haaziq Izzadeen
      Subscriber

I have inflation on 2 edges at 90 degrees to each other, how do I get a square mesh from this without it being skewed? I can't acheive the desired effect with edge sizing and bias since I want a min cell height on both edges and edge sizing does't keep a consistent first layer cell height horizontally. Any pointers?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Do you have both faces in the same inflation setting? I'm trying to figure out if you have the same number of layers. 

• Haaziq Izzadeen
        Subscriber

In the picture attached, I have the same number of layers with the same growth rate and first layer cell height on both edges. The application is treating the two perpendicular edges as 1 layer which I do not want. Instead I want a structured grid with inflation going upwards and another inflation layer going right (so the smallest cell will be bottom left corner and largest will be top right). I do not want to use edge sizing/bias to achieve this because I want to make sure I can specify the exact first layer cell height.

The last picture ive attached is what im trying to achieve

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Use Edge Sizing with Bias to get an orthogonal element shape. Zoom in and manually measure the distance between nodes in the first layer and adjuat the Edge Sizing/Bias until you get the desired first layer thickness.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.