February 15, 2023 at 1:56 amSooyeon KimSubscriber
Hi. I am a beginner of Ansys FDTD, and interested in simulating optical properties of organic materials, especially bio one, for example, structures made of protein and DNA molecules. However, in the default material data base, there is no database which can be used to simulate such organic materials.
I have two questions.
1) Is there any other similar materials in the database to use as an alternative to these materials above?
2) Is it possible to manually add database of new materials? If so, what kind of measurements do I need to do?
Thank you very much in advance and I look forward to hearing advices from you who may have had similar questions!
February 15, 2023 at 5:37 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
1. I don’t believe there are any biomaterials in the Default Material Database. A list of all materials can be found on the following page:
2. Yes, it is possible to add new materials to the databse. The following video will provide you more information on how to add different types of materials:
If you add Sampled Data to the Material Database, it is important to ensure that the material fits are accurate before you run the simulation. The material fitting can be checked and modified in the Material Explorer window. For more information related to material fitting, please refer to the link below:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.