September 22, 2022 at 7:16 pmsagarSubscriber
I am trying to import the n and k values for material for different wavelengths. But does FDTD fitting need to be done? In the materials database, I am not able to fit the data; there are a lot of discrepancies coming fdtd fitting vs materials original value.
September 23, 2022 at 9:32 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
FDTD will need to fit the dispersion internally. You can improve the fitting by adjust various parameters in the fitting panel, including those in "show advanced". Please try.
You can refer this link https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034915053-Tips-for-improving-the-quality-of-optical-material-fits
If you are a premium user, please send us your file through email so we can better help you. You can register for premium support if you have the code:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.