September 13, 2023 at 4:36 pmLuigi RannoSubscriber
I have been trying to use the newly implemented topology optimization codes provided, but I noticed that currently the algorithms only support binarization between the lowest and highest permittivity, with nothing in between. Would it be possible to have an algorithm that, for example, can do the discretization of the permittivity between 3 or 4 values, rather than just 2?
September 14, 2023 at 5:13 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
It could be, but it needs significant effort to modify the codes. Please explore more.
However, please think it over if 3 or 4 values are practical, since ultimately, you will need to convert to real materials. You may consider dispersive material if needed.
The online example is for binary, either has the waveguide material, or no, with fixed refractive index.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.