General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How to add multiple elements per ply in Ansys ACP and Solid modelling help

• chalke
      Subscriber

I am working on building a solid model of a compressor blade in ACP. I start from the camber surface of the blade then define my plies in the modeling groups and extrude the solid model. I have one element per ply thickness. I was wondering how can I have multiple elements per ply thickness when I generate the solid. Is there any option in ACP?

Next after building the model, I want to shape it to the surface geometry of the actual blade. I use the snap to geometry option which currently does not give me a clean blade surface. I am trying to have a finer mesh to resolve the problem. Is there any way I can go about it?

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay

• Govindan Nagappan
      Ansys Employee
      nCheck the solid model properties. Set the max. element thickness to a value smaller than the ply thickness. nSee help doc: 2.1.15. Solid Models (ansys.com)nnnAnsys staff are not allowed to download files. Please insert images instead of attaching it as a filenIf snapping mesh to CAD doesnt work, try making the CAD faces larger than the mesh. Usually it helps with projectionn
    • chalke
      Subscriber
      Hello,nnThank you for your comments. I changed the extrusion method to specify thickness and then I was able to insert the maximum element thickness lesser than the ply thickness.nnFor the next part of shaping the geometry to the required curves, I have reattached the figures. n The first image is the staggering of internal drop-off plies. nThe second image is the camber surface on which the stackups are built in both directionsnThe third image is the solid model generated after extrusionnThe fourth image is after applying the snap to geometry option where the green surface is the final outer surface of the required blade. I get an error at the edges where at some point there is extra material and some points the material is cut-offn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.