November 28, 2022 at 9:55 pmsroccaSubscriber
I wish to optimize the magentic field at the surface of a Double Split Ring Resonator over a 1GHz range. I defined the function to maximize as max(Mag_H) on the desired surface. This however is not possible over a frequency range when using the "Maximize" condition, only at a single frequency.Any suggestions how to approach this?
Additionally, part of the optimization willl be to vary the radii of the loops. However to have a valid 3D model, the Inner radius cannot be greater than the Outer Radius (Outer Radius > Inner Radius for all steps). Is there a way to implement this?
December 21, 2022 at 2:55 pmPraneethAnsys Employee
Thank you for reaching to us and we appreciate your patience.
Yes, it is possible to define optimizer goals over a frequency band. I would like to recommend you to use return loss at the port as the optimizer goal instead of the magnetic field.
You can also set the optimizer goal for the radii.
For more details on how to set this up in your simulation model, you can create a service ticket from the customer portal if you have service access as this would be a more engaging process and cannot be addressed in the forum.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.