General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How to apply a pressure to a certain sized area of a face

• ZacP
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am modelling a bridge pier subjected to lateral debris flow loading. The pier structure is 10m tall but I only want to apply a pressure 7m of the height (flow height = 7m) to the left curved face. Is there a way this is possible to do?

Thanks

• jj77
      Subscriber

Go to loads and pressure - if you do not have a face there then you need to split the larger face into two (@ 7 m) so you can get the face you need to apply the load on.

Split:

• ZacP
      Subscriber

How can I split the larger face into two? I made the model on solid works and then uploaded to ANSYS, should I split the face in two in solid works and re up load?

• jj77
      Subscriber

Either you split it there or you do it in DM - see tutorial above for that.

• ZacP
      Subscriber

I applied a split line to the model on solidworks and then reuploaded to ANSYS. It now comes up with the error that I've exceeded the product license limits when I try to solve, any ideas why? 

• jj77
      Subscriber

The message is clear - you have to many elements. You need a coarser mesh. PLease close the original discussion and start a new one when you had a separate issue

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.