General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How to apply a uniformly varying moment in workbench

• keyurckp
      Subscriber

I know that uvl pressure can be applied in workbench but is there any way to apply uniformly varying moment or i have to do it with APDL command?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I understand the physics behind a uniformly varying pressure, which can be used to model the pressure on the vertical wall of a container holding a fluid.

I'm curious, what kind of situation would create a uniformly varying moment?

• jpasquerell
      Ansys Employee

Workbench can accept time varying moment loading only.  A command object is required for spatially or other supported varying moment loading.  See Table 3.10 in Section 3.5.15.1 of the Basic Analysis Guide for a complete list of primary variables for each boundary condition.

• keyurckp
      Subscriber

Hi peter i think if you just apply a point load as a boundary condition then it will create the same effect as the uniformly varying moment but i don't find any practical way and usefulness of applying a uvm as boundary condition itself, as we can apply a point load any time so i think this solves the matter if my assumption is right.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.