General Mechanical

General Mechanical

how to apply rigid link on single Node

• yaminikonka
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am Simulating the beam with Strip(to facilitate the friction between those two top surfaces). In my Analysis, i should fix some positions on both beam and Strip for applying friction. For that , I apply Boundary conditions(fix at those nodes) on some nodes on beam and Strip. My Professor has given idea like apply Constraint equation or Rigid-link for BC. I have Problem with applying on node. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please sketch out what you want to do and insert that image into your reply. I don't understand the relationship between the beam and the strip.

• yaminikonka
      Subscriber

Hello peteroznewman,

Thank you for your Reply. I have attached figure below. here Problem is to create friction between the Strip and hallow beam. when i applied the friction contact between those two, the Strip is seperated, while Analysis(modal or static). the Thing is we glue the Strip to beam but not totally, like bolt it and create friction for damping. this is the Problem. i applied constraint equation, but this will give relation Motion or force diftribution of the selected nodes. but i would  fix the nodes in two DOF(Y and X) and create Motion in other  DOF(Z). 

thank you so much

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.