General Mechanical

General Mechanical

How to apply shear and normal stress

• momidor
      Subscriber

Dears, 

I'm gonna to provide simplified stress simulation which supposed to be show a influence of postwelded residual stress to the surroundings.

Question:

1. how to apply a shear and normal stress to the "hoop" respresents the filled weld ?

2. If the answer is name selection > node selection question is how to apply to each node from "hoop" in perpendicular, longitudinal and tangentially to the middle surface of the filled weld ?

For example I applied a pressure acting perpendicular to end plane ( or along to the its longitudina crookedl axis ) of the "steel ribbon" represents an helical seam weld and got a an stress which embrace only partial of this plane.

The point is that the curve suppose to be taut as a rope around a pipe.

Thanks in advanced

Jurek 

• SaiD
      Ansys Employee

Hello Jurek,

I am not completely familiar with all the terminologies with regards to welding. But to answer you question 2: If you know the components of the forces to be applied in terms of the global coordinate system, then under Details --> Definition --> Define by: "Components". Then you can define the force or pressure in terms of the x,y,z components.

Hope this helps,

Sai

• momidor
      Subscriber

Thanks Sai. I've done it already. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.