April 4, 2020 at 10:43 ammomidorSubscriber
I'm gonna to provide simplified stress simulation which supposed to be show a influence of postwelded residual stress to the surroundings.
1. how to apply a shear and normal stress to the "hoop" respresents the filled weld ?
2. If the answer is name selection > node selection question is how to apply to each node from "hoop" in perpendicular, longitudinal and tangentially to the middle surface of the filled weld ?
For example I applied a pressure acting perpendicular to end plane ( or along to the its longitudina crookedl axis ) of the "steel ribbon" represents an helical seam weld and got a an stress which embrace only partial of this plane.
The point is that the curve suppose to be taut as a rope around a pipe.
Thanks in advanced
April 6, 2020 at 3:41 pmSaiDAnsys Employee
I am not completely familiar with all the terminologies with regards to welding. But to answer you question 2: If you know the components of the forces to be applied in terms of the global coordinate system, then under Details --> Definition --> Define by: "Components". Then you can define the force or pressure in terms of the x,y,z components.
Hope this helps,
April 6, 2020 at 6:14 pmmomidorSubscriber
Thanks Sai. I've done it already.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.