October 16, 2020 at 8:07 amseokchulSubscriberThese days, I am trying to simulate the seismic analysis with three base excitation(two horizontals , one vertical), nBase on the MSUP(mode super position method) I know that It can be simulated three base excitation with acceleration data.nBut I don't know how to apply those seismic load in full transient analysis in workbench 2020 R1nIs it possible to do that in my ansys version? if not , could you let me know how to add APDL commend in workbench.nPlease help me !!n
October 22, 2020 at 4:52 pmDave LoomanAnsys EmployeeYou can still apply acceleration in a full transient only not as a base excitation as you can in a mode-superposition analysis. You would fix the base and apply the acceleration to the entire model as a body load. This will produce the same relative results such as stress and strain as actually accelerating the base. n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.