April 19, 2023 at 7:50 amZhang HengyuanSubscriber
I just read about the example184.108.40.206 in fluent guide, it shows how to use udf to define the degassing bondary condition.However, the degassing progress is described by the source UDF. The guide says the UDF should be applied to the top surface of the bubble column reactor.
I think the source UDF can be only hooked to the fluid zone. So do I have to create a single layer web beside the surface and make a new zone?
April 19, 2023 at 10:52 amRobAnsys Employee
Yes, source terms are volume based. You may want a few layers of cells depending on the volume involved. Either create a separate region in geometry & give it a label for Fluent or use the registers to split some cells in Fluent.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- No license available at this time
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Your product license has numerical problem size limits…..
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.