September 13, 2022 at 2:00 pmoumaimalahmar.olSubscriber
I want to constrain a surface such that it is not allowed to move in the +Z direction but free to move in the -Z direction.
Z is normal to the surface.
September 13, 2022 at 8:31 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
Put another surface on the +Z side of the surface you want to prevent from moving in +Z and add Frictional or Frictionless Contact and the surface will be free to move in the -Z direction but not the +Z direction.
A quick way to do the Frictionless version of that is to add a Compression Only Support and pick the surface.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Large deflection
- Colors and Mesh Display